suddenly September is ending already...

Unlike August where I wrote down most of the details about the life I've been going through, I barely put into records how my life is treating me in September. Perhaps even lesser in the future, since I don't have a WiFi connection in KL, and basically no time to open my laptop leuls 

I don't even get myself any proper pictures aside from post workout selfies hahahahahhahah not even places I went to, I keep my phone inside the beg most of the times for safety purposes - and also to make myself read moreeeeee ( I bought books for commuting purposes already , not too bulky haha to fit inside the bag ) 

One thing for sure I've been occupied with so many things , classes and interviews, and travelling back and forth from Kuala Lumpur to Melaka. There's always massive of reasons to be home especially when there's no class, and since I'm not professionally attached to any companies , I got to enjoy bits and pieces of this leisure time. 

Certificate of Legal Practice. 

Well to be honest initially I was in clear denial. I'm basically not ready for another year of revisions and tons of cases to be memorized. Plus I need to restart a pressuring life in Kuala Lumpur. 

But the first class, the law of evidence class kinda make me reset my mind and intention. It was quite funny and odd to say that you enjoyed your law classes, but I certainly do now. And all these while people saying CLP is hard, I am accepting that it is hard but I am not going to let that mindset harmed me and thus making me underestimate my own ability 

The classes are fun, I am not sure how I am going to juggle working and studying later, like would my energy level be affected, but for now I'm hoping that I will stay energized for classes. Yesterday Mariette my evidence lecturer was talking about Professor Ahmad Ibrahim, the one whom I looked up to in my legal pathways , it kinda make me so excited and I was practically so happy when she made a little trivia about my idol. 

Like how his academic views are being used in judgement , and it was about the standard of proof in criminal cases should just be beyond reasonable doubt. And the confusing languages used by previous judges ( I remembered how flowery the judgement was in Idris ) , doesn't set the standard higher - for circumstantial evidence cases , but a mere play of words . Affirmed by Tun Suffian in Jayaraman ? some need to do her revision. I even wanting to get a buku latihan sekolah for case wise memories. 

So I sounded law'ish isn't it haha , well indeed, its been running inside my blood for like 5 years now? I am not legally blonde, obviously not a blonde haha. Legally asian? haha

Interviews 

I went to two consecutive interviews for the Executive position, specifically an executive for the Business Development - the first day with the manager in charge, the next day was with the CEO. Had to do a pitching after the first interview before the second interview could take place. 

The first one was quite easy and simple. To be honest there's no clear guidelines on how to ace an interview, aside from the manners and the expressions you're offering throughout the session. You just need to be true to yourself and honest about whatever things they asked. And if you don't know, then say you don't know. Its okay that way I guess? 

But the second one is seriously no joke. Its not that I asserted it as jokes but it was seriously so nerve-wrecking. The questions are tough ( beyond what I've prepared for ) . Well here goes the questions ,

What if one day I put you to work in front of me, how are you going to handle the pressure. 
/ I just need to face it / 

Tell me what you do in the UK ? Easy peasy unless you have memories issues going on but not the next question. I told him about all the travelling and going here and there - because I applied for a conference producer position earlier in the same company and I guess I mentioned it in the earlier post, the job-scope requires you to travel around for conferences as well. 

Next question

You've been out and about all these while, how will it be to stay in the walls ( because this executive position is a work done indoor ) 
/ I have already expect such working environment , I will try my best to adjust myself /

Now the next question 

Okay that's you adjusting, how about for the company - how it will benefit/ help the company 
* I took a deep breath * * Just how I am going to answer this* 

and he made a comment on that ' I saw that you're taking a deep breath ' 

oh yeah sure you notice that. I repeated the same answer as above and caught dumbfounded I surrendered and maintained that smile haha

and the interview ended, he has no more questions to ask, neither the manager, oh the manager was with me all the time - mind that the CEO is an Australian I guess based on his accent, and I had a trouble time catching what he said exactly. I was subtly cursing myself ' What happened to your hearing abilities in the UK catching the accents ' throughout the session , and tried to maintain the eye contact so I don't look like I'm lost when I'm actually loss in my thoughts ha ha ha 

I guess the last question kinda secured me for the training this upcoming Monday - its after the 3rd day and they will have the assessment day to see whether you'll be hired on probation or not ( for another 2 months ) 

the CEO asked me whether I had a question

Honestly no I don't but I was pausing for a 30 second and I saw the career path paper on the table, there's this sudden idea, not really sudden actually since I've been thinking about it the day earlier. 

I asked him about the possibility of career advancement ( like can I make a shortcut to reach the junior executive level in a shorter period of time ) ( if I hit the target mentioned during my probation period ) if you wish to know the details of my question , hit me up on the email or whatever medium you can reach me. 

and that questioned impressed the CEO as he mentioned couple of times that he really love that thinking of mine - the mindset I had in mind. 

Hence I am starting my training next week for three days. and and and I'm actually thinking to take a half day off on Friday ( if I got hired lol ) because I'm scheduling an interview at a law firm 

The lecturers advice us to do an attachment at law firms so we will get better understanding about the things we learned in CLP, because its literally what it means, what you will be doing later in PRACTICE, like drafting claims and whatnot. so I am giving a serious thoughts on this matter , and whether its appropriate to take a half day off on your second day of getting hired - well its not certain yet that you're going to be hired lol - but lets just hope for the best. 

I've emailed the manager but no reply. Usually he's so responsive. Hmm I'm currently overthinking already - but I need to consult him on the matter isn't it , because he did knew that I'm currently looking for a legal kind of job. Or am I being too honest - helpppppp

damage done. Lets just wait for Monday to come. 
/at times like this I certainly dislike public holidays/ /I'm contradicting myself, I love holidays/ /or else I will not be home today

As for now I am keeping the companies name as secret - since its all still vague and not confirmed yet, but please do send me prayers if you reached this line, yes you, you who's reading. 

Pray for me that I'm later left with only one choice to embrace so I won't need to decide on things. Or with whatever choices I am making later will benefit the ummah as how it will benefits me.

On the other hand, I screwed one other interview and that was clearly due to my obvious lacking in preparation har har har I'm just so bad at it - hur 

Moving on 

I'm all good with this moving on thingy. It gets easier , I still do check on the person some times, to see the last seen basically haha - but it gets lesser these days and I am forever thankful for that. We did desired for each other but we both knew it won't work. We did actually tried to make it work, but I guess more than a half of me , and half of his side too , knew it won't work plus the distance. 

You know that sometimes the person is good. Fit to all the categories , but sometimes you just need to accept that you're not meant to be together. Well that's okay. Because I'm definitely happier now, less attached, things take time, so do I heh. 

enough said. too much of emotions updates. haha 


Love, the'ann

Comments