Symbolizing the mother-daughter relationship.


Hey there ! 

I thought today might be one of those days that I wish to keep in writing so later I'll be reminded of the things that I am blessed in this world. 

Few years back my mom asked me on whether I wanted a bracelet because she wants me to wear one , and sometimes she went to the extend ' Look at (......) daughters wearing bracelet , I wanted my daughter to wear the same ' 

But obviously the idea of having something attached on my wrist aside from a useful watch is just not making sense inside my head , though to be honest someday you wouldn't feel it ( whats with the fuss to begin with lol najwa ) 

and to be honest , my mum has been asking the same question over years, and over memorable events I encountered in life such as graduation. 

sometimes I think I am such a foolish huh, someone is offering a treasure tbh. duhhh najwa duhhh -.-

Just like last time when my parents offered me a new watch as a present for my LLB graduation but I decline since the watch they gave me as a present seven years back (2012) was still in great condition. And they said I can keep the old one, and wear them interchangeably but it doesn't seems to fit to my interest of having something so similar and they're working well haha.  And I must classify myself as a memory hoarder ( I just saw a friend of mine use this term ) , I attached strong memories to stuff/places/ esp tangible things.  

My brothers felt that I am weird for declining such offers and asked whether offers can be shifted to them ( lels ) 

and just when she thought I don't want a new watch , she asked the same question " What about a bracelet " nice try but still nope. 

Today is perhaps the day , the time has come that I finally want to inherit something that symbolizes the mother-daughter relationship, making my mum's hopes and dreams a reality. 

I mean I am not the one who spend, she did all the spending , but she's just so happy to see that I'm wearing this piece of bracelet on my wrist. When we had a tea time afterwards, she kept checking on bracelet, and were really satisfied with the purchase. 

I hope I will be blessed with a husband that is so happy to spend on me ( cue hints for future husband * wink wink * ) I mean your husband got to treat you like your parents do, overtimes it should be better. He better got some expectation expected on him isn't it.  

Hey but I am serious ! 

Last time my father used to say to me that my grandparents provide a very decent house for my mom and her siblings stay , so he felt the responsibility to provide something that's even better than what my grandparents provide her with . I mean for a not so romantic dad on the outside ( read : giving flowers or whatnot ) , he's certainly possessed one of the great husband traits. 

I choose ( nope I lied, I trust my mom's eyes more ) the bracelet that seems not too fancy but at the same time suits me. Not too fine/thin but just nice , the more I look at it, the more I think its meant to be mine ( drama huh ) , I'll supply you guys with a picture for memory wise hehe. 

To note, many of my friends would verify that I am such an obedient daughter to my parents though parts of me always thought that I am rebellious and snobbish. I think one of the reasons that contributed to such verified trait is because I am always away from home since I'm young. That sometimes I missed a lot of family events, and sometimes I don't know much on the things that are happening at home - so I thought the least I could do when I am away is to preserve and carry the family's pride and trust with me. 

I am happy to include my parents in different events in my life, like major purchase of phone - talking to someone who's potentially my other half, before it gets serious I wanted my parents to approve my choice as maybe these are the things that I wanted my kids to do later, in case I am blessed to be a parent.

I did asked A few days back if he's feeling not comfortable by me introducing him to my parents at this early stage of friendship because that's just how I am, not because I am so sure where I would position A in the future, but more like I wanted my parents to know with whom exactly I'm talking to ( my parents know all of my friends, the close ones especially, the faces and the name because I am like a reporter sometimes hahah , I do presentations to my parents , kidding ! )  but he said its totally fine with him, there's nothing to be uncomfortable with. 

Now I am down with t minus two days - its just rush of feelings , leaving home seems heavy since its been few months since I am home, perhaps the longest stay after many years. 

Though most of the days I don't enjoy cooking as its more about responsible of having something on the table when everyone gets back home from school ( Sometimes I even miscalculated things , like when you cook so little, everyone is hungry as bear , when you seems to cook a decent amount for everyone to survive, they DON'T EVEN EAT THOSE AND THOSE FOODS BELONG TO THE CHICKEN IN THE BACKYARD GRRRRH ). 

But life goes on.

I hope with this bracelet I'm wearing, I am reminded of my mom and the things that she sacrificed from day one I was brought into the world though I hardly remember the early years of my life , the emotions that she's been dealing with us six, and perhaps would help to remind myself from going astray, god forbid. 

I would do , whatever it takes to at least put my parents hearts at ease. Because that means I'll be putting my heart at rest too. 

the puffy hand seems to be too attractive that it will be such a waste that I didn't get it featured here. The reddish spots come from me trying different colours of lipsticks at the drugstore HA-HA

earlier today I was applying serum tester on the shelves on my left hand, and I asked my mom to feel the difference for both hands

Mum " Why is your hand ( the right one ) is so rough?"

Me : Yknow what, this is the result of washing the dishes everyday 😏

guess what my mom said " Kepala otak kau " well of course in joking tone , she was laughing haha * I'll get this recorded someday * you young people at school should stop teaching her young hipster stuff , like cursing * my mom knows too much on rempitz stuff these days ! Dang !


 Love, the'ann

Comments