Quarter 100th and my first big commitment !

For the past few years, I'll always make sure that I'll write something in here on my birthday but it seems like I am bit lacking this year considering two weeks have passed and someone officially turned 25. 

Two weeks back I was not in my best version, well up till today I'd say. But certainly getting better insyaAllah. 

So it got me thinking what worth writing in here to commemorate the turning one year older, I mean there's a lot things changing ( in fact there's so much things that changed as compared to previous years ). 

Two years back I finished my degree year with Commercial Law paper on my birthday. One year later, I find myself struggling, at one of my fragile state ( broke, dumb at churning CLP stuff , uncertain about what lies ahead me ) 

its magical how one year has passed and I am now officially working ( learning and struggling, but alhamdulillah enjoying ) at the place where I don't initially wish for, but that's whats best Allah written down for me. I am no longer tied with the long hours of studying / earning professional piece of acknowledgement. 

and to the newest addition ( read : commitment ) , I hire purchased A CAR ! 



And of course reading different threads on how to be healthy financially - includes not buying a car at the very start of your career as it deteriorates in value, to later accept that it differs from a person to a person. It may be applicable across the board , things like you shouldn't purchase a car that exceed certain percentage of your wage / a car is bought to serve its purpose to drive you around as opposed to showing off to people . 

But one of the very first thing asked by my boss during our induction week was, do we have license ? and do we own a transport ? 

which to say, its compulsory for you to own a transport so you can function properly. We do have a hand me down Toyota Unser as a family car which may be economically convenient if you're moving around as a group - going to work alone using that chunky boy was certainly carving a hole in my bank account. 

I cry to every cents I spent to feed the car with fuel. I was lucky that in a day, I would travel well at least goes up to 30 km daily ( home office court and cycle repeat ) or else, there's even a larger pot hole of meteor falling off the sky left the account untraceable >.<

I had to wait two months plus for the car to arrive , as I specifically want the Greynite Grey colour as other colours doesn't really makes sense to me. 

And for the two  months, I've been interchangeably driving my mom's Myvi and my dad's Unser. and some days I was too confused to be changing cars as I put my suit in the other car, plus my working shoes too. so changing cars are real hassle in the morning. I redha je bawak Unser pun haha. 

it was during my birthday week that I was finally doing arrangements on getting identity ( read plate number ) for my car - settling insurance - paying maybe a quarter or less deposit * hehe because my father pays the rest that I thought I can get the car as my birthday gift . 

But it doesn't really happen on my birthday, but close enough for me to take everything in consideration at one time. 

I mean , I know when my birthday is approaching next year , I need to renew my car road tax and renew my license ( I JUST REALIZED I'M GOING TO BE SUPER BROKE ON MY 26TH BIRTHDAY HELP HAHA )  Rip adulting. sobs. 

I would say after taking many many factors in consideration, including prospective career wise ( which is too complicated for me to explain here ), I make my first big purchase in life. 

It saddens me of course that a percentage of my wage goes to a nine years of commitment , but I know I need it.Until and unless Melaka or places around the country offers superb public transport to the places I need to go to on daily basis , having my own car will be economically wise for myself. 

agitewwww explanation I owes to no one haha. 

I would say I am pretty reckless person when it comes to taking care of this thing, so I finally pampered him/her still haven't decide yet haha after two weeks of bumpy ride ahah 


But serious , financial advises can differs from person to person so don't be too rigid and copy paste every advises to your life , take whats applicable and the advises that sounds sound to your plans. so lists down your commitments and weigh the balance of desire or need. 

I am still exploring the car at the moment, understanding the forever can't be understood eco things - or why auto turn off of engine helps the car and environment ( enlighten me pliish haha ) . Today I just figured that my car has a key I mean physical silver coloured key * laugh at 16 audible what * attached to the car remote. 

I thought that was just a thing that we hook some keychains hahahhahaha 😂 . I can't be that stupid but I AM . 

I guess that's it so far, the fanciest addition at the age of 25. 

I was way too tired on my birthday actually. 

I was fasting - there's this office photoshoot going on under the scorching hot sun in the middle of flower fields or should I say trees. Then back home to nag my brothers to finish packing as we need to catch a bus at 6.00 pm. 

The forever updating system of Melaka Central tested my nerves as I paid for service on online ticket platforms - and I need to add another 70 cents per ticket to make it physical for the bar code. It was a peak hour that we need to rush from home to the bus station , then to fight with the queue of people printing the same. 

Close call, we arrived and settled everything 10 minutes before the departure. Had a humbling setting of iftar on the bus, which I kinda miss doing. A year back that's a common thing to do every weekend though. 

stopped at TBS to catch the next bus to Perlis - and it came an hour plus late than scheduled, not even a sorry from the driver. I know you have all these traffic jams but you scheduled it for that hour and I buy the ticket to move at that agreed time , you can't simply mess with someone's plan like that. 

I thought we can make it before sahur in Perlis but we arrived somewhere at 7 I guess. duhhhhhhhh my savoury tongue had to accept chocolate for sahur because that's the only thing I had in my bad and I didn't foresee such event to happen looool. 

oh yasss I remember something happened on the day. 

I was of course very upset with the late bus, very tired from the long day at court and to find an uncle UN-courteously played a high volume of Youtube without his earphone. Loud enough to be disturbing my sleep that I sighed angrily with my eyes closed wakaka there's babies crying then here comes a non civilized uncle - talking about a 12.00 am scene on bus where we expect normal human beings to sleep at that time. 

WHY NO COMMON SENSE DEY UNCLE *me screaming on the inside joining the babies crying bands on the bus*

My brother noticed that and bravely talk to the uncle ' Excuses me sir, can you lower the volume, thank you ' AND he straightly close his phone, and sleeps like everyone else. I cry. My brother is wise enough to do that and there goes my birthday story loool.

I am so grumpy that I would pity my not yet found husband for the grumpiness I had in me. Yesterday someone tries to talk to me / after he didn't read my bio on my profile ; that I didn't approve someone I don't know , so I thought I should ask whether I know him . 

Then he replied me with the weird spellings which my 14 years self use back then and THAT SHORTEST LINE PISSED ME OFF , and turn me off too that I no longer want to participate in the conversation haha. 

maybe I should learn to chill a bit heh.

not everyday someone turns quarter 100th ey. so here you go :D

officially 25 , emotionally sound and stable. At the moment and hopefully it lasts. 


 Love, the'ann

Comments