The battle we're fighting

Its been days since I have this bugging thoughts of writing things down (its been A WHILE hence I am all excited for the fact that yeay I have something in mind, which pass the filters I had in mind, what can be shared for public read ) 

For the past few weeks, I did few personality test which happened to suggest that I am an Introvert . In my past, as far as I could recall, I appeared to be an Extrovert , judged based on how outgoing I was, how I enjoy / energized for voicing out my opinion / debating or a public speaking. 

As time goes by, I became a bit selective with the people I choose to speak to or things I choose to speak about. Slowly enjoying living a private life (acah) haha. I thought I will enjoy things like sharing about my relationship in public but it turns out , being in a relationship, I enjoy doing or even reflecting in private with my insyaAllah my half, soon a legal half ameeen. 

Hence when the government announced that we'll be under this Movement Control Order, the introverted sides of me are jubilant of course. Its like having a semester break? HA-HA partly because my job requires me to be on the ground , until they decided we can do all these proceedings virtually.  Which is very unlikely ey 

I think its worth noting for the fact that this is how 2020 turns out , from being fueled up with the ideas that the year 2020 is about having flying cars or all these technology advancement we saw in movies. 

but here we are, fighting in a battle , by perhaps the easiest thing everyone is capable of doing - which is to stay home. 

( despite being the easiest , here I am reading facts of different cases ranging from someone who fancied meeting their friends, buying foods at freaking 12.30 am , meeting boyfriend moving all the way from Gombak to Johor Bahru ) 

I must say that the introvert me is pretty recharged, or perhaps over charged. 

That I found myself enjoying work , I mean yes I enjoy working despite feeling mundane ( because it was a routine HAHA ) and now we have longer week days break ( I mean YEAY ) , I came to appreciate that I am working in this essential service , and I am working to take care of the people. Not as direct as doctors did but we are here to give lessons and of all giving awareness to people. About how serious all these. 

Just so you know, it is under Peraturan-Peraturan Pencegahan & Pengawalan Penyakit Berjangkit 2020 ( P.U.A 109/2020) effective from 31st of March , whoever makes any movement outside their house for unreasonable reasons or reasons that are not within the exception under Peraturan 3(2) of the same act , you're doing an offence that is punishable with fine, maximum RM 1000 or with imprisonment not more than six months. 

Imagine your desire of wanting to be wandering around for no good reasons , well if you're lucky enough you are not caught - or lets hope the Virus didn't caught you too. And unleashing such desires for perhaps few good minutes or hours , can subject you to loosing RM 1000 and the potential of being in prison. 

In this tough time, where we don't know for how long this control order lasts , a thousand is just a lot of money. 

As I am working and the one who bought all the groceries for my family, I know the what a thousand worth for  . For a family of six ( excluding my two brothers ) , RM 200.00 will feed my whole family for a week or two. 

My heart sank like each time the court passed the sentencing , hearing to how a thousand can support a family for weeks, but such sentencing is relevant as to the matter of deterring the society to be doing the same. 

Earlier today I was talking to one of the uncle who was caught for going against this control order, and here's to a conversation 

Me : Uncle , umur you berapa?
Uncle : Tahun ni 60
Me : Uncle tahu tak yang kena virus ni , ramai yang mati tu baya baya uncle?
Uncle : Tahu 
Me : Takkan uncle nak mati sebab virus?
Uncle : ...silence...
Me : Uncle ni nanti balik, jangan keluar rumah. Kita nak jaga orang macam uncle supaya tak kena virus ni 
Uncle : Baik... 

This battle we are fighting , is no longer about you and you alone. It involves your family, your neighbours, the public at large. So lets not be selfish. please. 

Stay home, will you? 

Love, the'ann

Comments