QURAN, DATE AND 2020

[ a long post on reflection - appreciation - hopes ]
This was initially written down in Facebook , so for its feature there, it seems long HAHA but when it's here, it looks fairly fair. Not too short neither too long. But of course I will explain it more thorough here ( hopefully this post went to the direction I wish it goes lol )
so here's to the post.
It was one of my wish lists for the year which to make up to my relationship with Quran. ( here's to the link ) Despite 2019 was a pretty settled and good year for me, my relationship with Quran was sad.
Really sad , I didn't khatam thats for sure, I am not even near. I am very disappointed with myself. Partly because I have done it in the past that I know its more than possible to finish the whole chapters in the Holy Quran. But I didn't. Finishing the volume is one thing...
It was in the previous years I will make sure that I will at least khatam once in a year (one, as a promise I make to ayah when I was heading back to Cardiff back in 2016, and two why not right? )
No its not a competition but a check and balance on the well being of my soul.
And the last time I khatam was back in October 2018, precisely on the 10th. The day I received my CLP result. I was questioning myself the whole time, am I not grateful? Am I not returning those favours Allah blessed me with by reading his love letters?
As we entered 2020 , I know to make up means I have to allocate my time , to regain my thought processes when it comes to reflecting the verses.
And honestly and sadly, it was not as easy as I had it back in the UK. Reflecting over those verses is another thing . Its very hard for to find verses that I can relate with my surrounding, my feelings , the state of my heart , and its just, very very sad. ( my sad is very frequent here isn't it ) QURAN DATES AND 2020
Today, nearing the half term of the year, I was at the 342nd page , was reflecting over Surah Al-Mu'minun with my tilawah and my tadabbur partner ( thanks to something we call internet ) said these
"Its been few days I've been wanting to ask you what does it mean by orang orang yang beriman"
Because the journey of our Quran date started way back from Surah Yusuf and it has been pretty consistent that we reflected on verses that says
"Sesungguhnya Allah memasukkan orang-orang yang beriman dan mengerjakan amal soleh ke dalam syurga ..."
And it was in the first ten verse of Al-Mu'minun that speaks about the characteristic of orang-orang yang beriman. Reminds me of days I reflected in my Ayyash / Taman Syurga circles. When Allah speaks twice about solat, one being khusyuk in solat ( verse 2 ) and two yang memelihara solatnya ( verse 9 ).
Funny as it reminded us of our first conversation, when he forwarded to me a note that was edited way back in 20th February 2018 ( when I am perhaps drowning in my CLP notes ) - a note that speaks about the characteristic of his soul mate ( as shown below ) , and pretty was mentioned TWICE !
kau tengok ni dia nak cantik sampai dua kali?!


After few moments of silence thinking whether I am pretty enough to hit it twice (kah kah kah) That's when I said to him ,
HEYYY IT REMINDS ME OF SURAH AL-MU'MINUN

( lol ) ( I know ) ( because solat was mentioned twice haha )
and we had a short discussion back then about this surah, as I put it into writing years back , back in 2015, February 21st ( here's to the link )
Today we're back at it again. after alhamdulillah going through more than 100 pages together. Alhamdulillah. Wishing for a blissful and blessed future together insyaAllah.
Its only fair for me to express this gratitude in writing as it is my love language ( words of affirmation ) to express it to someone who don't really ask but his love language being act of service.
Its not about the person behind the conversation ( of course it mattered but to me only for now HA-HA ) but it was the content that makes me feel humbled and grateful for.
Please make prayers that I'll make up excellently with my Quran this year and whatever relationship that follows afterwards insyaAllah.

Thank you , may Allah grants the same best thing for you, its not too late to be making wish list and to attain it insyaAllah :)
ps will be up on the blog for safekeeping too insyaAllah. and here it is, on the blog, for safekeeping. Alhamdulillah. Much love, Anis Nazari

Comments