My blessed working life.

( I wrote this inside my notes in the phone yesterday, I am back home at 11 after a long day at work and class , but find the urge of jotting these down because its been quite a while since I am able to write something ) ( I just can't believe it I wrote this long over a phone note ) 

One of the things I’m blessed with at the moment is at the place where I’m working now



And tomorrow marks my first month here and alhamdulillah the time flies so fast , and I’m coping well

Unlike the other jobs I went to stages of interviews and application , my job now came to me unexpectedly through a mom to a dear friend of mine , Humaira . It’s even a position I’m looking for ( which is at a law firm ) and the interview was perhaps one of the longest I ever sat for. 



3 hours or so ? 

It’s not even a interview , it’s more like an overview on what I’m venturing into and my employer gave me the whole idea on what to expect


But I’ll never regret the phase I applied jobs that seems fitting my qualification through jobstreet , attending interviews , going back and forth from Melaka to Kuala Lumpur because from the very beginning I never knew what Allah had prepared for me beforehand.



If it’s not for the hectic weeks I’ve gone through , I would never learn on how to be grateful , or learn on how to live and sort my own life after graduation.

But they said the best always come as an unexpected ones.


Got more files to attend now , workloads are definitely increasing and I seems to see myself in the department of preparing documents for presentation at the respective offices. A work which requires you to extra meticulous when I’m not ( err I doubt now ) over the little details : things like small technical things on the transfer of names on the A3 sheet ( Borang 14A ) , the gel ink , the shares divided , the initials. 



The small things that really matters . I got triggered over failures to update the minutes of proceeding in front of the files , and messy files either , I can stop with whatever things I am doing at that moment and I would make a quick 10 minutes check just to put the correspondence accordingly and fill in the proceedings in front of the files from God knows when.

But I sort of had this feeling of leaving a good trace. I mean someday I might leave this job , I mean life goes on , I needed to see myself venturing into different areas of law , but I wanted to leave my job , easing the person after me. At least he or she wouldn’t feel lost like I used to trying to figure what’s going on the files they’re taking over.


I learnt how to talk to and deal with different people , angry clients , entertaining and very pleasing clients - I’m taking control over the conversation , I know what I’m talking about rather than just taking orders from my boss . 



Well of course I’m still in the process of learning , I appeared to be extra sloth sometimes , trying to grasp the things I need to learn , and it’s a process that takes time . Learning through the experience, still there’s lot more of things I need to explore .

There’s some guidelines given by the previous employees , but I still find exploring the files , receiving new files actually helps me even better , and with mistakes as well , I learn on how to correct things and eventually making me more aware than ever .


I’m blessed with very patient coworkers , they knew that I dislike taking phone calls because I’m just still bad at handling my emotions over phone calls ( I mean handling the after effect of it haha ), well they’re are just pleasingly annoying to be talking about which country spoke baku language just at the time I’m praying Asar , and they were so serious

There’s seriously no other good times to be talking about this ugh ( annoyed emoji ) I had a hard time to focus on finishing my prayers ( double annoyed straight face ) 


And most importantly my boss , chambering students refer their lawyers as their master. And I’m learning a lot too from my lawyer . She’s really a figure of a mom to me , apart from job wise messages over whatssap , she will update on her daily life activities with me . 



And being Najwa , sometimes I found myself in trouble to keep up with replies and fitting the replies accordingly but I’m learning it through the conversation between me and my boss . She shared with us the life values , I remembered this one time she talked about making Dhuha prayers and reading Kahfi in the office on Friday . She said that we’ll face a long day perhaps meeting angry people , we need these kind of inner strength to get through the day

And I couldn’t agree more with it - it’s just so true that I know that in order to be a successful lawyer in the future , it’s not just about being verbally tricky nor on the documentation wise , but to seek for the strength from the One who provides you with one


And the fact that she understands & well aware with my working and studying life I'm in at the moment - so it helps me a lot indeed. 

It’s tiring of course with my classes at the same time , my mom made quite a few remarks on how tiring my face was each time looking through my insta story. But I know I’m left with no other choice , might as well accept it and embrace it happily because I know being happy wouldn’t drained my energy that much , compared to feeling compelled and force to do something

Well the energy and the determination were not always there , I yawn with my mouth closed in class making my eyes teary but I couldn’t afford looking so tired in front of the lecturers who’s also working in the daylight - plus they were standing for three hours of lectures


Nevertheless I’m happy that I’m able to jot this down savouring all the good feelings. 

And if someday I’m loosing the rhythm of it , I certainly know where I get back to , to get a grip of myself , to inhale and to exhale and start again :)

Love, the'ann

Comments