Your lawyer to be ( with legal fees attached haha )

I HAD SUCH A BUSY DAY TODAY, I was wondering why, I figured why - its because my lawyer is in office since morning and the amount of workloads are just massive. I no longer can sit back and relax ( like the first day ) studying all the alien technical terms . Usually she'll be in at noon. But good for me though, I sense the urge of getting my job done fast and precise. 

I am doing all the files, ( well serious business ) , making letters preparing documents, and attending clients. I used to freaked out when it comes to calls, but thanks to the 2 days of experience from the previous company , I kinda get used to that nervous feeling. Because its serious business, hence the pressure is just higher - and there's a need for you to know what exactly you're talking about.

My lawyer had a legitimate expectation that I would be able to learn and act like a lawyer ( because that's what I've been doing now ey ) , so I need to keep up with the expectation and jot down all the little details , plus with the pace. No joke its serious fast, but so far I am enjoying every bits of it. 

I've done my work for the week - perhaps scheduling some clients meeting for next week and seek for this one missing FILE OHMAIGADS mana dia hilang, its driving me partially crazy - because I was supposed to finish this kind of file today, at least that's the KPI I put for myself. And its weekend anyway, I don't want to think about who is this client and what sorts of things I need to do yada yada. So its all good for now alhamdulillah

I got excited ( yeay ) when I was meeting my boss and drafting the letters for the client, when she asked me to put into the lines, me , Cik Anis Najwa hewhew as the legal assistant ( I swear to you I was riding a unicorn with colourful horn and jumping over rainbows collecting bananas haha ) . Its one the acknowledgement , one side is the pressure. 

Well for the past few days I learnt that being in legal field , dealing with all sorts of human problems with all the technicalities - angry people with their unsettled business, one thing you got to learn is to be attentive. Its not just about whats on the paper - and people always deemed we law people are so rigid and serious. 

But really, attentive is the key. Its when you're able to place yourself in a position where you're ready to hear to someone's whatever things they had in mind and they just got nowhere to go. Sometimes they will tell us all those non relevant things but what to do, its the attentive service we're offering them.

Well there's just more to learn and I am making myself ready for it - I talked to my friend yesterday , basically a very good reminder to myself as well, 

One of the early keys to seek for happiness while working ( as I discovered for the past two weeks of being empolyed in two different companies ha-ha)  is to put or create the thirst in your mind - the side that wants to learn more/something, not just sticking with the mindset that we're working, submitting our effort for somebody or the company. 

Because it drains you a lot, as human doesn't like submission, not as much as they like gaining something for themselves. Hence I learnt from my own wise reminder ( HA HA HA ) and create that thirst of knowledge ( i sound kiasu ey ) 

Till then, lets get ready for class !

Love, the'ann

Comments