Professional Life and the things I pondered about...

For the past one week I have been actively equipping myself with all sorts of things that I believe contributes to my professional growth. The amount of researches I did to exclusively tailor cover letters to different law firms, seeking opportunities to make a step forward in building my career.

this is surely one of the memorable pictures to me, Monday 15th of October 2018 at Legal Profession Qualifying Board Malaysia. 

Hence it involves humongous amount of attention on the related things, to every reasoning to every character that I claimed, I possessed. Apart from that, this whole processes involve a lot of me talking to a non existing audience, practising on answering common interviews questions. 

Personally I would say that I am someone who has bundles of thoughts inside my head that I need to reiterate it so I can properly arrange and connect the dots. I have been using lots of pages inside my small notebook to jot on things especially the matters I am attending for the whole year. 

And for the past few days, most of the pages are used for common interview questions like my weaknesses, strength, tell me about yourself and my answers to each of the questions. Interchangeably used for random heartbreaks notes ( very major issues huh ) . Lol it's so expected from this Anis. 

Its really interesting to flip through the pages as the changes are rapid and little that I know, the small notebook signifies a lot of things about my life, from occasional breakdowns, to random motivations , detailed plannings on what subject I wish to study for the day from early April until the final day of CLP - and to financial plannings. 

I'll equip you fellow readers with graphics as well HAHA

I think this schedule has been featured before in the blog. Lol I tried my best to stick with the plans and convinced myself that I have limited time for everything ( so I should study )

The syllabus from the board helped me a lot on how to arrange my studies - thanks for ATC's computer lab that offered super reasonable and cheap printing service. I am blessedddddd

Some professional kind of ranting - and the things I wish to buy for myself when I have extra pocket money lol

And I learned from series of interviews I attended before, that I should be able to offer proper structured wordings to every single details I choose to put on my Curriculum Vitae. duhhh Najwa everyone knows this.

I believe that there are distinct unique stories and lessons that one can expect to hear from the limited wordings reflected on CV, that has in many ways build my morals and characters as a human being. Hence I am doing justice to myself as well, that I am not going to jeopardise my past experiences by being wordless and confused while being interviewed. 

Its really good to do readings on how to tackle the questions, because while writing out the answers, I am reminded of certain events that has taught me wonders. The popular question about where do you see yourself in 5/10 years, makes me think about where I will stand in the next few years. 

I started to figure my passion, on what are the things that interests me, on when are the times when I feel contented with the thing that I am doing.

I may not be that sure that law is definitely for me but I know for certain that for these past few years, I am giving my best to fit in the field and certainly occupying myself with the skills that are expected from any advocates and solicitors ameeeeen. 

And for the efforts that I spur, I wanted law to go hand in hand with the thing I am passionate about. I felt content whenever I am able to educate , share or reflect over events with the society. I believe empowering through education. 

Dear Young Anis Najwa,

I am forever thankful to you who decided to try something that is beyond her comfort zone. I am thankful for the insecure young Anis Najwa, who feels that she's not doing enough ( more like nothing to be shared on the CV) , hence she seek for opportunities to make herself marketable in the industry. 

Little that the old you knew, it has brought her to greater networks, and most importantly it helps her to figure her interests. Something that she taught she did just to fancy her CV, has shaped many of her characters  today. Thank you younger Najwa, despite being completely stupid and clueless for certain things, you did well. 

Shall I treat myself a box of caramel and chocolate pie then? To celebrate the young me - what a lame excuse isn't it HA-HA 

Though some days I worried a lot on how my bank accounts are doing, because I am not generating income at the moment, I believe that I plan, I did my best with plannings, executing the plans within my means, 

but I am keeping inside my mind that Allah surely plans better. I had my own timeline on when I should attain this and that, but I hope Allah keeps my 'good thoughts' while He's fitting me in His timeline. 

Hopefully I will enjoy this phase of researching, drafting, and doing random readings. well, at the very least the brain cells are connecting with each other. 

I am grieving over my file that contains most of my academic certificates went missing. I need to make a disclaimer that it went missing AT HOME lol when I went to KL for CLP because they clean up the room for a guest. No one had a recollection of memories about that transparent white file sobs. I do have the backups inside my desktop but I wanted to have the original certificates with me T.T . I spent quite a portion of my savings to retrieve replacement certificates. 

Lesson learnt, in a hard way oh my money. I am still actively seeking for it, that even though I felt so lazy to make long prayers, I will still ask Him to make the file visible to me. If you happened to read my disorganised thoughts and rambles up to this point, make prayers for me please.  

On a side note, Diy puts me in this Pupillage support group , which I know will be a great help when I am a pupil in chambers after this - but for now many of the things discussed there looked VERY alien to me , I mean what's Civil Procedure again 😝

Ya Awlo bantuin Najwa haha

Love, the'ann

Comments