Life advises : POST-SPM THOUGHTS AND DILEMMA (lol)

For the past one/two months people had been asking for my opinion concerning post-SPM directions , from mom's friends to a total anonymous. Well answering to the questions really brings me back through the memory lanes. Come to think I don't even know the juniors in school now, me getting so old already sobs. 

It feels surreal that I sat for my SPM like seven years ago, all the dissapointing feelings are so vivid to me , I know people will ask whats with the fuss of getting 7A's , but you got to understand the surrounding I am living in the past.

I'm surrounded by people who scored excellently , people who count their +'s , and I am expected to score beyond what I got back then. Hence it did gave me a bitter feelings when it comes to the result and also the emotion coping process. 

But come to think, me getting such result is really a fit answer to my dilemma.

I was quite firm and certain that I wanted to pursue law but at the same time, I had my eyes on Pharmacy as well, as I have the thoughts that I've been in a science stream school for the past five years, hence I shall continue in science field.

And if I could remember in the parcels of my memories, one of my aunt is not favourable of me pursuing law ( even up to the stage I've secured myself a scholarship ), and this was due to the bad stigma attached to the profession. Being so young , people's opinions do matters to me. 

Getting 7A's means my choices are being narrowed to which school ( I mean faculties ) I can go into. I can safely say bye-bye to Pharmacy but nevertheless it was my first choice in the UPU system. 

I might provide you ( if you're one of the SPM leavers ) with few tips which I learnt and experience in the past, which might be relevant and helpful to you. 

one, take all the events that is happening to you at the moment as a sign. 


sometimes its totally okay to give up on something, like giving up on looking taller because its too torturing haha - not so motivational caption ey? haha Graduation Day 17/7/2017 forgot already 
after all, every single thing happening to you have reasons, but sometimes reasons do not come in package with the event like right at that time, you got to allow yourself to figure things out.

Getting straight A's is definitely a hard-work paid off bonus as it opens a wide opportunities to venture into, hence for those who's still indecisive ,

PERSONALITY TEST

I would suggest you to do as many personality test ( all the keywords attached to it : Personaliti Kerjaya ) , get to know yourself, ask all those typical questions like what subjects you love during highschool , how do you picture yourself in the future. If its possible, write them down in a journal, you can definitely find a pattern in the consistencies of doing all the test online.

Invest some time for your future, it will be worth it. 

Your parents may have plans or ambitions on what you should be , its legit for them to have that desires as they invested in your potential since day one you're brought to this world, seek advise from them - take into account their desires, and if it goes against what you think you wanted to do - then tell your plan / the results you got from the tests you did .

Because after all, parents are the people who knows what their children's interests are, and the best above that all, normal parents would want the best for their child, best here it could be YOU pursuing YOUR own dream or YOU pursuing THEIR dreams haha. 

But in case, you're among those who scored lower than what you expect to score, its time to narrow down your choices, narrowing may sounds bad isn't it because you're left with very least choice?

THE CONSTRICTOR...

Nevertheless, one of the Creator's name is Al-Qabidh , which means the Withholder, the Restrainer, the Constrictor, the one who make something scarce, I remembered vividly when a dear friend of mine, Haziqah shares her insights on this name of the Creator.

She said, often we see having tons of choices seems good as you have the freedom of choosing. But overtimes, having too many choices requires you to take more things into consideration and often it leads you to more confusion.

Hence the particular use of this Al-Qabid is when you had so many choices in front of you and ask Him to narrow in down and make your to be firm enough to choose the only or two choices left in the cart. 

In your case, Allah had narrow it down for you, and hence this is when I said, take life events as signs.

You never know you're not fit to be doctor until or unless Allah shows you that your result doesn't qualifies you to do so. Some people had to go through episodes of trials to get the point where they finally say ' I know I am not meant to be for this '.

Perhaps your result is a sign that you need to strive harder in the future. Because you know you definitely can get better than that, provided you work really hard for it.

That is exactly me though, I never thought I could secure myself a scholarship, I never knew I could enroll into A-levels , but the moment I got it, due to my SPM result, I tell myself, now is the time and the chance for me to strive harder. To pay back all the disappointment I caused to my parents . 

I was perhaps one of those people who might have figured my interest at the age of 18.

Like I do show I am prone towards choosing Law as my career pathway. But for many or for some, I know how indecisive you could be, in case after going through the tests and it varies in result, I would suggest you to go for something really general in nature, 

For example ; you are prone towards engineering / doctors you can't really decide, then go ahead with Matriculation / Science Foundation, its like giving yourself more time to see what suits you best. I mean that transition will definitely be helpful. Provided that you put effort to it? 

( did I only come up with one elaborated advise? hahaha )

In case you're a parent and you're reading this, and this is perhaps the first time for you - I can never deduce whether a course is good for your son or daughter, because I am a mere stranger. I can only deduce based on the results and suggest courses that may seems fit. 

But on technicalities issues, such as arranging sequences for UPU application, you just got to be careful with it, give thoughts on the sequences as it MATTERS ! .

Now that you already got the qualifications in your hand, 
  1. Do not apply for course you know you are not qualified for, do some research, back then in 2012 I can already check whether my qualifications fits to the course I wanted to do, so I bet in 2018 that would be definitely easier to research on 
  2. UPU system , unlike the UCAS ( UK universities application system ), it follows the sequence, when putting the sequence from one to eight, asked yourself, if you're given the first choice, would you want to do that? 
  3. Ask people ( ask me also can I can try to help, email me at najwanis24@gmail.com ) , perhaps by asking we can be agent provocateur that will ask you questions on your choices haha. 
Perhaps after such elaboration, I would advise you to be rest assured. Whatever you're fated to do next, might

  1. Be your true calling you never know you're capable of doing ; and
  2. If it doesn't feel good , its either give it a try or don't give it a try at all , there are other possible junctions you can take.
Life after SPM  was really a humbling and mesmerizing experience for me personally , I trust Allah for whatever he had in plan for me after putting my efforts into it.

I spent my time researching , trying my luck ( my rezq ) , doing applications , went for exams for scholarship wise, this is perhaps one of the starting point where you start drawing for what you want to do in the future.

All in all my advises might not be applicable to you as a whole but hopefully it does help you at least in one sense? Enjoy these moments while you can :)

trust your guts, trust your feelings, and welcome to adulthood.

Love , theann.

Comments