Rambles on my sick days

the moment I'm writing this, I have fully recovered alhamdulillah , I've written down this post few days back, just before my body temperature decided to go up till 39.3 c and I went to the hospital to draw some blood , being suspected with dengue. I'm still coughing - with hints of lost voices but a client just went flirty over the phone saying that my voice sounds nice. And I was like ( in my mind ) ( it's my husky voice over here, singing Celine Dion bahahahahaha ) 

who's voice sounds good just now? haha me making this face the whole day haha 

Sometimes after recovering, I am forever ever grateful for this healthy body, the ability to walk faster, the ability to feel free from headache, I can cry a river of tears of gratefulness. *gitewwwww* 

This morning I cooked for my officemate , mee goreng mamak * flip hair* , I've been wanting to cook for them for so long because they've been so good to me - so I sacrifice my sleeping time to cook the noodles. 

so here's to some rambles during my sick days ;

By the time I am writing this, I am still coughing and experiencing headache. I thought I might need more rest but apparently I guess I had enough rest for the past two/three days. I am scared that taking more rest will make me feel worse and back to square 1 >.<

It all started on Tuesday when I bought a limau ais not really to quench the thirst but just to drink something which is not too sweet and that's it. All these while I don't really have any problem when it comes to icy drinks, even when all the ices melt - sipping them all is never a problem. But after finishing the whole thing, I started to cough, more than the usual.

Nahhhh, this will soon goes away.

But nahhhhh me back , it gets worse at night when I cough a lot more and the next day I woke up feeling so weary. My roommate says I don't look so good so I better ask for a sick leave. But I refused.

Here's the reason to why

  • There's only three of us in the office and the workloads are massive
  • The distance going to the clinic from the house, is the same as me going to the office
  • Knowing how expensive medical bills can be , it heals me by thinking
  • I have with me my usual remedy to sickness ( my Panadol soluble, an Actifast, and a sachet of stomachache relief )


It was not too bad in the morning when I arrived at the office but after 12, I just can't take it anymore and I asked my colleague to give me at least a 10 minutes rest ( I went beyond that of course ).

I gave up on staying at the office so I texted my boss to ask for a half day but she didn't see her phone that day as she's attending a meeting T.T

So I decided to stay and I didn't go for lunch as my body starts to feel chilly. Knowing myself, I am one hot blooded creature that is never hot ( double meaning ey haha ) on the outside. I mean no matter whether its snowy or cold weather, I am rarely affected. But as soon as my colleague went out for lunch, I turned off the air conditioned ( which is even rare ) and my body temperature gradually hikes up. 

I felt sorry for my colleagues to take care of me while doing massive of updates on the filings. But I know even if I go back home, it will be much worse for me because my energy depleted , and I can't do anything. Bless them Ya Allah for attending me with care and affections for the past few days, I caused so much troubles already T.T ( Thank you Aina thank you Syamil )

I was forced to go to the clinic, I had to , to obtain a leave. I asked for a day off, thinking that the fever will soon gets better in time.  Pakcik Norizam's and Makcik Hayati's daughters had been so wonderful to me too, they cooked for me and Diy sent me foods and money too for lunch. But I can't think of one meal that I can really eat - rice is just too much for me to chew, soups sounds good but making a phone call could be tiring enough.

I received a phone call yesterday from a law firm which I sent out my application for pupillege (soon insyaAllah) through ATC. I received the HR mail two weeks back but I totally forgot about it. I am so blessed that they extended the dateline for me, which I sent out the application together with the supporting documents this afternoon.  Lets pray for the smoothness of this CLP journey. 

....

Okay that's it what I wrote before I saw Hikayat Merong Mahawangsa aired on the television. I am so lazy to even continue reflecting lol. 

Being sick taught me to be really grateful with a healthy body and mind. I am able to taste foods, I am able to make stupid jokes, I am happy that I am able to be grateful over the little things I failed to notice in the past. So its holiday time again ( I am going back to Melaka yaaaaay ! and everyone's home too weeeeee )

Love, the'ann

Comments